The Hartselle High School Wellness Committee has developed a Wellness Policy to outline and promote a helpful school environment.
- HHS Tiger cafe participates in the Free and Reduced Lunch Program and is subject to any and all Child Nutrition Program Guidelines.
- Menus and Meal Plans are approved in advance as required and meet all Nutritional Guidelines as well as National Nutri-Kids Nutritional analysis.
- All HHS Tiger Cafe employees continue to be trained in the "Serve Safe" program and continue to follow those guidelines. Manager Terri Ward attended the Nutri-kids Healthy Meals in nutritional analysis.
- The Morgan County Health Department regularly inspects the HHS Tiger Cafe. Scores in the high 90s are typical.
- The Tiger Cafe will provide "number of lunches served" information to assist the Wellness Team in tracking the impact of nutritional changes and participation of HHS students in the lunch program. Our goal for the school year is 50% participation in the HHS lunch program.