The Hartselle Tiger Paws Dance Team is a Nationally ranked competition dance team that focuses on Jazz, Kick and Pom Technique. The 2021-2022 team has 13 members comprised of 5 high-school girls and 8 junior-high girls.
This past year the team received the following awards:
- NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - NDA NATIONALS - 1ST PLACE IN POM AND 1ST PLACE IN POM, GRAND CHAMPION FOR HIGHEST SCORE IN ENTIRE DIVISION
- American All-Stars - Overall Sweepstake Winner - 1st place in pom and 1st place in Kick, Choreography Award, Technique Award
- NDA Regionals - 1st place in Pom and 1st place in Kick
- UDA Regionals - 1st place in Pom and 2nd place in Pom
The team attended UDA Summer Camp in June, 2021 at Auburn Univeristy. Each team member learned 2 dance routines and mastered technical skills. The dancers were evaluated on their individual routines and received a Superior Rating/Perfect Score qualifying them for the National Dance Team Championships (NDTC). Four members were selected as UDA All-American; Maggie Guyse, Olivia Counts, Emma Buckley and Kayleen Coggin. This year the team will compete in Regional, State and National competitions.
The dancers perform at many events throughout the year including:
- High School Pep-Rallies
- Football Games
- Basketball Games
- Talent Shows/Fine Art Events
- Community Events
- Regional, State, and National Competitions
We love performing for our community and supporting our Hartselle Tigers!