• apple TITLE 1

    What does it mean to be a Title I School?

    • A Title I school means we receive federal funding (Title I allocations) to supplement the school's existing programs.  These funds are used for . . . 
      • Identifying students experiencing academic difficulties and providing timely assistance to help these students meet the State's challenging content standards.
      • Purchasing supplemental staff/programs/materials/supplies
      • Conducting parental Involvement meetings/trainings/activities
    • A Title I school also means we work on Parental Involvement Programs and making parents aware of the rights to be involved in this process.

    What is the 1% set-aside and how are parents involved?

    • Any LEA (Local Education Agency) with a Title I Allocation exceeding $500,000 is required by law to set aside 1% of it's Title I allocation for parental involvement.
    • Of that 1%, 5% may be reserved at the LEA for system-wide initiatives related to parental involvement.  The remaining 95% must be allocated to all Title I schools in the LEA.  Therefore each Title I school receives its portion of the 95% to implement school-level parental involvement.
    • You, as Title I parents, have the right to be involved in how this money is spent. 

    What is the LEA (Local Education Agency) Title I Plan?

    • The LEA Title I Plan addresses how the LEA will use Title I funds throughout the school system .  Topics include:  
      • Student academic assessments 
      • Additional assistance provided struggling students  
      • Coordination and integration of federal funds and programs  
      • School programs including migrant, pre-school, school choice, and supplemental educational services as applicable.  
      • Parental Involvement Strategies, including the LEA Parental Involvement Plan
    • You, as a Title I Parent, have a right to be involved in the development of the LEA Title I Plan. 
    • Hartselle City Schools LEA Plan

    What is the LEA (Local Education Agency) Parental Involvement Plan?

    • This plan addresses how the LEA will implement the parental involvement requirements of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001.  It includes...  
      • The LEA's expectations for parents
      • How the LEA will involve parents in decision-making
      • How the LEA will work to build the schools' and parents' capacity for strong parental involvement to improve student academic achievement 
    • You, as Title I parents, have the right to be involved in the development of this plan. 
    • Burleson Parent Involvement Plan

    What is a Continuous Improvement Plan (CIP)?

    • The CIP is your school's Continuous Improvement Plan and includes:   
      • A Needs Assessment and Summary of Data 
      • Goals and Strategies to Address Academic Needs of Students 
      • Professional Development Needs 
      • Coordination of Resources/Comprehensive Budget 
      • The School's Parental Involvement Plan
    • You, as Title I parents, have the right to be involved in the development of this plan. 
    • Burleson's Continuous Improvement Plan

    What is the School-Parent-Student Compact?

    • The compact is a commitment from the school, the parent, and the student to share in the responsibility for improved academic achievement. 
      • All students and parents are requested to sign and return the School-Parent-Student Compact.
    • You, as Title I Parents, have the right to be involved in the development of the School-Parent Compact. 
    • How is the evaluation of the LEA Parental Involvement Plan Conducted?
    • Evaluation Requirements  
      • Conducted annually 
      • Conducted with Title I parents 
      • Analyze Content and Effectiveness of the current plan  
      • Identify Barriers to parental involvement 
      • Data/Input may include...  
        • Parent Survey (Required)
        • Parent Advisory Committees  
          • If you are interested in serving on a Parent Advisory Committee please contact the school principal.
    • The evaluation helps develop next year's plan