Mission and Purpose Statement
Inspiring and preparing ALL students for learning, leadership, and life.
F. E. Burleson will establish itself as a premier Alabama elementary school by leading the way on local, state, and national levels academically, artistically, and athletically.
F. E. Burleson's Beliefs
- Student learning is the top priority for our school and should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of our school.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Exceptional students (e.g., special education, English Language Learners, talented an gifted, etc.) benefit from special services and resources.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing our school's mission.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
- Students learn best when they have appropriate opportunities for success.
- A student's self-image is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.