Apply to Substitute
Part-time and Limited Employment
Substitute Teacher, Aide, Clerical, Custodian, Cafeteria, and/or Nurse
Hartselle City Schools is currently taking applications for part-time and limited employment as
Substitute Teacher, Aide, Clerical, Bus Driver and Aide, Custodian, Cafeteria, and/or Nurse.
In order to qualify to substitute, you must meet the following requirements.
- Complete an application and provide all required documents (see below).
- Complete an interview and be recommended to be a substitute for Hartselle City
- Be approved by the Board of Education.
An application may be obtained at Hartselle City Schools Central Office, 305 College Street,
NE, Hartselle, AL 35640. For more information, please contact Kim or Jan at 256-773-5419.
All applicants are required by the State Department of Education to obtain background
clearance through a fingerprint review conducted by the Alabama Bureau of Investigations (ABI)
and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI). A fee is charged. Fingerprinting will be done at the
Hartselle City Schools Central Office.
Diploma from High School or College, or the equivalent of completion of a high school
You must bring the original diploma and a copy will be made to go with the application.
Federal and State Tax Withholding Forms (included in the substitute application packet)
You must provide a copy of your valid Alabama nursing license.
Substitute Teacher or Teacher’s Aide
You must provide one of the following documents:
- A valid Alabama Teacher’s Certificate OR
- Valid Alabama Substitute Teacher’s License
- Application and payment to obtain a substitute license from the Alabama State
Department of Education. The fee is currently $30.00 and must be a certified check or
a money order made payable to the Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE).
The application for the license may be obtained at the Central Office.
Substitute Bus Driver
- You must hold a CLD License with Passenger and School Bus
- Click here for a document detailing the requirements to drive a school bus in Alabama.
- For more information, contact Lavonda Lang, 256-773-0920