• Apply to SubstituteHCS Tigers

    Part-time and Limited Employment
    Substitute Teacher, Aide, Clerical, Custodian, Cafeteria, and/or Nurse

    Hartselle City Schools is currently taking applications for part-time and limited employment as
    Substitute Teacher, Aide, Clerical, Bus Driver and Aide, Custodian, Cafeteria, and/or Nurse.

    In order to qualify to substitute, you must meet the following requirements.

    • Complete an application and provide all required documents (see below).
    • Complete an interview and be recommended to be a substitute for Hartselle City
    • Be approved by the Board of Education.


    An application may be obtained at Hartselle City Schools Central Office, 305 College Street,
    NE, Hartselle, AL 35640. For more information, please contact Kim or Jan at 256-773-5419.

    Background Clearance

    All applicants are required by the State Department of Education to obtain background
    clearance through a fingerprint review conducted by the Alabama Bureau of Investigations (ABI)
    and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI). A fee is charged. Fingerprinting will be done at the
    Hartselle City Schools Central Office.

    Diploma from High School or College, or the equivalent of completion of a high school

    You must bring the original diploma and a copy will be made to go with the application.

    Federal and State Tax Withholding Forms (included in the substitute application packet)

    Substitute Nurse

    You must provide a copy of your valid Alabama nursing license.

    Substitute Teacher or Teacher’s Aide

    You must provide one of the following documents:

    • A valid Alabama Teacher’s Certificate OR
    • Valid Alabama Substitute Teacher’s License
    • Application and payment to obtain a substitute license from the Alabama State
      Department of Education. The fee is currently $30.00 and must be a certified check or
      a money order made payable to the Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE).
      The application for the license may be obtained at the Central Office.

    Substitute Bus Driver