2018 Scholarship Opportunity
PLEASE SHARE WITH ANY SENIOR WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED AND MEETS THE REQUIREMENTS.
The Alabama Leaders in Educational Technology (ALET) organization invites graduating seniors to apply for its $10,000 2019 Debbie Rice Memorial Scholarship. Applicants who meet the criteria below should read the guidelines carefully and follow the directions for submission. The deadline for submission is November 16, 2018.
Criteria for Scholarship Applicant:
- The student must be a high school senior who is currently enrolled in an accredited Alabama high school.
- The technology director of the school system where the student is enrolled must be a current member of ALET. (Lee County's Technology Director IS a member)
- The applicant must have a minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher, using a 4.0 scale- unweighted.
- The applicant must have a 17 or higher score on the ACT.
- Applicant must have the endorsement/signature of their Guidance Counselor/Principal on their application attesting they are a qualified to apply for this scholarship.
- The student must plan to attend an accredited college, university, or technical school physically located in the state of Alabama. Full-time online colleges do not qualify.
- The student should demonstrate an interest in pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a technology-related field.
- The student should be able to demonstrate a history of volunteering and be active in school or non-school extracurricular activities.
How to Apply:
- Review the checklist of required materials first so that you can be sure to complete or obtain everything needed for your submission.
- All application packets must be mailed via U.S. Post Office or other carrier to ALET and must be post marked on or before November 16, 2018.
- All required materials, including letters of reference, must be in the submitted packet. The only exception is School Transcripts. The school may either email or mail the student’s transcript separately, but must do so by the November 16, 2018 deadline.
- Incomplete packets will not be considered and applicant may not add materials to the packet once it is received. (Exception: The transcripts may be sent by the school after the application packet is received provided that they are emailed or postmarked by November 16, 2018.)
Email questions to: ALETscholarship@go-alet.org
Application and Transcript Deadline: November 16, 2018.
Notification of Winner: January 2019
Presentation of Scholarship: March 5th, 2019 in Montgomery, AL