Registration Deadline: until camp is full
Category: Computer Science
Grade Range: Rising 7th-12th grade
Program Location: UA College of Engineering
Fees: $400- Middle School; $350- High School
2018 Alabama Computer Science Summer Camps
Date(s): June 18-22- Middle School and June 25-29- High School
Time(s): 9:00am - 3:30 pm
Contact: Dr. Jeff Gray (email@example.com)
- Camps are open to students from all regions of the United States. We also welcome applications from international students. Previous camps hosted students from 17 states, as well as Hong Kong and Beijing.
- The middle school camps are offered to rising 7th through 9th graders (i.e., those currently in 6th-8th grades during Spring 2018). The high school camps are offered to rising sophomores through seniors (i.e., those currently in 9th-11th grades during Spring 2018).
- All camps are taught by UA faculty and staff in our College of Engineering classrooms.
- Both commuter and dorm-based options are available. Those students from outside of the Tuscaloosa area may reside in our dorms throughout the week (high school camps only). In the past, some parents have also stayed in local hotels with their children if that is preferred.
- The camps begin at 9:00 am and end at 3:30 pm each day of the week. Students will be given an hour lunch break with planned social events for those staying in our dorms.
- Seating restricted to 40 students per week; please apply early!
- Camp fees for Middle School are: $400 (5 lunches, camp instruction, special surprise device! and t-shirt/bag)
- Camp fees for High school are $350 for commuting students (5 lunches, camp instruction, and t-shirt/bag), and $600 for dorm students (14 meals, 5 nights lodging, camp instruction, and t-shirt/bag).
Below are the topics covered in each of the camps:
- June 18-22, 2018: Middle School - Introduction to Computer Science and Programming
- June 25-28, 2018: High School - Introduction to Programming with Java
To apply for the 2018 camps, please click here. We will process applications until each camp is full.
The camp flyer is available here.