My name is Allyson Hamilton. Being the Hartselle Intermediate School counselor includes a variety of services for our students in the 5th and 6th grades. I spend time in the classrooms each month sharing lessons about study skills, making positive decisions, using our self control, being responsible each day at home and school, anger management, being a friend to others, as well as bully prevention and safety issues. I see students individually and in small groups at times for various reasons.
I am a member of our H.I.S. Student Support Team, as well as the Building Test Coordinator for the ACT-ASPIRE and the ACCESS (ELL) Assessments, both given towards the end of the school year.
I welcome students to visit with me ! Students may want to come see me because...
- they want to discuss their school progress
- they are having difficulty in class
- they feel alone and shy
- they have good or exciting news to share
- they are having family, friend, or personal problems
Parents, you may want to call or come see me when your child...
- is having trouble dealing with the divorce taking place in your family
- doesn't want to come to school in the mornings
- has recently experienced a death of a loved one
- keeps telling you he/she doesn't have any friends at school
If I can ever be of assistance to you or your child, please contact me at 773-6094. With all of us working together as a team, your child should have much success each day !